Sunday 7 August 2016

How effacing is self-effacing?

How effacing is self-effacing? Let's face the truth.

Nobody likes to be in the company of someone who constantly blows his or her trumpet. I would not, honestly. Would I like the company of a self-effacing person? Again, nope.

I like to be amidst humble people but definitely not with the consciously modest kind. There is a discerning line betwen being modest and self-efffacing. Or maybe, even a glaring line. Being a trait of the pretentious, it is particularly tiring to keep the person's ego soothed and buttered. One has to blow the trumpet for the other person. Not that I am faced with such a predicament that i chose to pen my thoughts. This thought surfaced on my mind, and took over like a water hyacinth, ever since i talked about it with a friend yesterday.

I use this portal as a scrapbook to jot down my distracting thoughts. And life goes on...Thoughts may come and thoughts may go, but life goes on forever, like the little brook.

Now that the overwhelmingly distracting thought is well on its way to getting itself effaced, it is worth the effort to dwell on "self-effacement", isn't it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment