Tuesday 21 October 2014

The sustenance

I love unfolding the crisp newspaper pages, breathing their smell of fresh news, biting into the sizzling sensational, taking glimpses of the world, and all the while, sipping the satire. I hate it when neighbours pick up my newspaper before I lay my hands on it. I am possessive about my fresh aromatic slice for the day. I want a fresh lease of life - to turn the leaves of life.

Today, I lay lifeless,  sans breath.

Ran up and down, in vain, searching for the crumpled mass of paper, only to end up breathless. It's gone, no signs of breath -  where is my "papyracea-oma"? A lump in the throat,  a pain it is. Better to have a tumor in the brain  than a no-brain. The feeling of pain is better than the non-feeling of numbness. There is the numbness of loneliness, without the company of my good ol' timeless friend - the newspaper.

Can someone find me my missing link to life?

No comments:

Post a Comment