Thursday 16 October 2014

The reaction to a post

When I feel hurt, is anyone else to blame?

Have I made myself emotionally dependent and thereby, vulnerable? Maybe, yes. No.

Definitely, yes.

I give so much of priority to people around me, see the "person" in them that I hurt myself when they choose not to see "the person" in me. True that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. One of the "laws of motion". Time to move on.

I am a wall to many; inspiration to a few. A lesser mortal being that I am, I do face times when i need an inspiration, a wall. When I look for a wall to wail unto, there is a different kind of a wall, though. A wall that is impermeable to my feelings. There is limitless vacuum through which not even a whimper would get across.

Yet  a veiled wail was heard!

How and why is it that a post, aimed aimlessly at anonymous, strike a chord in a friend who chose to remain silent for long?

Do I get hurt because I can see them through? Why do I not see it before I let it hurt me?

Devoid of foresight, but with some aftersight, I convince myself with the insight that I am born to be happy and make others happy. There is a sense of denial akin to the one that engulfs every one of us when bereft of our loved ones.  By not letting the sense of hurt prevail upon me, I choose to give the hurt a silent burial. A burial too many. The phoenix rises, self-resurrected, over a  graveyard of living-dead feelings.

The spirits, distilled from the silent dead, lurk and shroud to haunt me at times - the aftermath of the Emotional Holocaust clouds my senses and faculties.

When I recover, there is so much of clarity that I see a void. I look at it with an alacrity that desires it be filled with  I-know-not-what  for posterity. But, did they not say, "desire is the root cause of all things evil"?

No comments:

Post a Comment